STATEMENT OF FAITH
ADAMS COUNTY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
The basis of this Association is the Bible, the infallible Word of God. The school is a part of the church at work with a focus on biblically-based education. We believe that the following Statement of Faith summarizes the essential truths of the Bible:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16).
2. We believe in one Triune God, eternally existent in three coequal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:3-6; Matt. 3:16-17; Jn. 20:21-22)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and physical return in power and glory (Jn. 1:14; Jn. 10:30; Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Heb. 4:15; Jn. 2: 1-11; Mk. 7:31-37; Lk. 24:5-6; Jn. 3:16; Lk. 24:50-53;Mt. 24:30-31).
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified by faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace through faith we are saved. (Rom. 3:23-26).
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the Spirituality of believers in Christ. (Mt. 25:31-46).
6. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps 139)
7. We believe God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself (Gen. 2: 18-25; 1 Cor. 7:2-5). Adams County Christian Academy will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman (Heb. 13:4). As such, our curriculum will reflect this.
8. We believe that the unique roles of the biological male and biological female are clearly defined in Scripture, and that Romans 1:24-32 condemns the homosexual lifestyle or any other sexually deviant lifestyle. Gender differentiation and male/female uniqueness are part of a divine design that God indelibly engraved upon creation. Based on our biblical and theological study, there is no argument for a “third gender” among humans. Biological sex means the biological condition of being male or female as determined at birth based on physical differences, or when necessary, at the chromosomal level. Gender confusion and dysphoria are ultimately the biological, psychological, social and spiritual consequences of the human race’s fallen condition. This state of depravity affects all persons individually and collectively. While society is at liberty to legitimize any behavior it chooses simply by reclassifying and renaming it, Christians adhere to biblical boundaries. It is our Christian conviction that renaming them cannot normalize sin and its expressions. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; 1 Cor. 6:9-11) We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity (Mk 12:28-31; Lk 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture. (Gen. 1: 26-27; Ro. 12:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:9-20; Eph. 4:1-11; 5:3-5; 1 Thes.4:3-8; 1 Tim. 4:12; 2 Tim. 2:19-22; 1 Pet. 1:15-16, 2:15-17; 1 Jn. 3:1-3).