Our History

Humble beginnings...

 1976 - Pastor Donald Powers, pastor of Gettysburg Foursquare Gospel Church, had a vision for Christian education and started Gettysburg Christian   Academy.

 1984 - Gettysburg Christian Academy closes its doors, but former board member of G.C.A., Earl Sanderson and some families from G.C.A. wish to see   Christian education continue in Adams County and they open Adams County Christian Academy in the home of Robert and Shirley Wagner of Gettysburg.   Enrollment is 17 students.

 1985-1986 - The school moves to the Hunterstown Community Center. Dr. Robert Marion becomes the Academy's first Principal/Administrator.

 1986 - In June, the first graduation at Adams County Christian Academy is held. There were three graduates.

...growing and growing...

 

  1987 - Through the generosity of Early and Evelyn Sanderson, land is purchased at 1865 Biglerville Road and the school moves to its present location. The   school office is now housed in the original building.

 1990 - A new building housing four classrooms and two restrooms is added to the existing building, doubling the school's size.

 1993 - The project of building a playground gets underway. Volunteers constructed a 12'x15' log cabin and installed swings and slides on the wooded     playground.

 1994 - Enrollment is approximately 100 students in grades Pre-K through 12. In order to offer high school classes through the Bob Jones University Live   Interactive Network Classroom (LINC), the Board of Directors votes to become affiliated with Memorial Baptist Church. Needing more space, the high   school was housed down the road at Memorial Baptist Church.

 1996 - Mr. Jeffrey Day becomes Principal/Administrator. Under his administration, more classrooms are added to the campus and high school science   and foreign languages are taught through the LINC program. New computers and a 54 passenger bus are acquired. The parking lot and driveway are   paved.

 1997 - Through the generous donation from Mrs. Catherine Mellott, the Mellott building is constructed, housing two classrooms and restrooms.

 1999 - As the school continues to grow, a modular building is added, providing two more classrooms.

 2001 - The largest building on campus, the Ram Center, is built, thanks to generous donations from Tom and Jane Livelsberger. The building was   dedicated on November 10, 2001. It houses four classrooms, a kitchen, and all-purpose room with stage.

 2002 - Mrs. Jane Livelsberger becomes Administrator, and Mrs. Kimberly Mentzer is Principal. The first full-time high school staff is hired, a sports   program  begins, and four band ensembles are formed.

 2004 - Mrs. Kimberly Mentzer takes on the additional role of Administrator, and Mr. Mike Orleski becomes Jr./Sr. High Principal and Athletic Director. The   Jr. and Sr. High classes are departmentalized.

 2007 - Mr. Charles Garcia becomes Administrator.

 2010 - Mrs. Rhonda Fertich becomes Principal.

 2017 – Two 3D printers are acquired and “Full STEAM Ahead” initiative for elementary grades begins.  Both are intended to prepare students with 21st Century skills.

...the story continues - come be a part!

Est. 1984 by

Adams County Christian Academy

Contact Us

Tel: 717-334-9177

Email: acca@adamscountychristian.org

Address

1865 Biglerville Road

Gettysburg, PA 17325